The vacancy for the new Rector for The Parish of Wyke Regis, All Saints with St Edmond has been advertised in the church times and is on the Salisbury Diocese website in the jobs section. The closing date for applications is 14th March 2019.
For a confidential conversation with a parish representative, or with any questions for the parish, contact PCC Vice Chair and Churchwarden, Gary Hepburn on 01305 778169 or
The parish has updated its profile which has now been published and can be downloaded on this page.
The Bishop of Sherborne comments “This post offers an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to bring their own skills and gifts to a varied, developing and welcoming benefice, where each of the two churches has its own unique ministry and where there are great opportunities to develop mission and outreach.
The benefice offers much for those who enjoy being near the coast. There is plenty to do for all the family. Further afield is Dorchester, Bridport, and the Jurassic Coast and in the other direction Purbeck. Road links between Weymouth and Dorset and the West Country are relatively good . Weymouth station provides regular trains to London and the south coast.
We are looking for an experienced priest with the energy to build on all that is already happening, and who can see the huge potential to work with others to make a difference. Ministry in Dorset is rewarding and enjoyable. In recent years significant changes have been made in the way clergy are supported and encouraged, leading to a greater sense of collegiality.”
The parish comments as follows:
- a curate looking for their first parish ?
- A priest who is currently part of a team who would like to run their own parish ?
- Someone with enthusiasm and ideas who wants to develop these in a new context?
You could be just what we are looking for to lead our benefice situated in a beautiful part of the country (to the west of Weymouth) enjoying a mix of coast, urban and countryside.
We are looking for a practical and prayerful priest who will who will use his/her skills to:
- Provide inclusive, energetic and enthusiastic leadership
- Seek out peoples’ strengths and build upon them
- Play a committed role in developing our wider community links
- Support our work with children and young families and play a full part in the life of the parish schools
- Sustain and grow our enthusiasm for worship and be committed to pastoral care
In return we offer:
- A congregation that is welcoming and friendly and who will embrace new ideas and creativity.
- A supportive ministry team of men and women, lay and ordained offering a firm foundation on which to build
- A deanery that is developing new projects and offers support to each other
We will pray for you (and your family), support your ministry and your training, undertake all the administration, help you with getting settled in to the parish and community.
But above all – expect you to have a day off!
The parish has for a long time appreciated and recognised the ministry of women and the laity. The parish has rejoiced over the years as women have been ordained deacons, priests and bishops. These are things we wish to continue to celebrate.
Application forms are also obtainable from
The Sherborne Office
Closing date for receipt of applications: 14th March 2019
Visit and Interview: 3rd and 4th April 2019
The Profile can be viewed here